Thursday, November 6, 2008

The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens #1

I have recently been reading The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens, a book worth reading if someone wants to straighten their lives out. In one particular part of the book, a story is told about a boy growing from the 90 pound weakling (metaphorically speaking, he would be a walking stick) to the football team captain and had the "Best Body" award. I can reference this story to my life because, as in his life, I have made a commitment to getting stronger and heavier while going to the gym every single night and practicing as hard as I can. I feel this is the only way to reach nirvana within myself. The same story was written by the boy in the book and i guess my eye was caught on the selection because of my personal goal and experience.

From my point of view, I am positive everyone reading The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens will better their lives in many different ways. The guide has helped a lot of people's lives and could help out someone else in need.

Metaphor: an implied comparison between two unlike things that actually have something important in common

No comments: