Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Rope Up!

Life is not fun when someone is falling over the edge and has nothing to hold them back. Therefore, people must rope up with someone who has similar problems and the two people could work together and have a rope between them.

I named my post "Rope Up" because I have ropes tied to different people for different problems. One major example is my basketball team. We are very competitive and push each other allowing the team to improve as a whole and individually. The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens has a small exerpt about roping up with someone in a similar situation and let the two work together to overcome at the same time. I have many ropes tied to Colin, my older brother, and he has the same tied back. Thinking I am a clone, many people do not see the simile in us. In some areas, we do not have ropes tied to each other and cannot save the other if in trouble. All of the time, we kindle each other, but such actions show brotherly love and nothing else. But underneath all of the fussing and fighting, there are many ropes holding us together.

Simile: A stated comparison (usually formed with "like" or "as") between two fundamentally dissimilar things that have certain qualities in common.

1 comment:

Mrs. Gillmore said...

Great analogy used here!