Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Giver

The Giver was an alright book. After finishing a book about someone I really like to watch and study, this book did not seem very good. I do not like reading about perfect societies in which strict rules are made and people seem to be confined. Reading about topics such as this disturb me because they make me think about what life would be like for me if I were in their shoes, which would not be good.

Lois Lowry has great writing skills and can create a perfect vision in my mind of what is going on, but I still do not like the topics she writes about. I like the idea of how she made Jonas different from everyone else and how she made him escape with Gabe from his crazy society. I like the ending in the book, though, being that she left it open for the reader to imagine what happens.

1 comment:

Wildgrace said...

Good job on your review, and I agree reading books about a "perfect" society with strict rules is rough.